Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC) is an ever-evolving field that requires continual learning to stay up to date with the latest trends. Distance and online MA courses in JMC provides students with the opportunity to learn from anywhere, anytime. These courses are designed to equip students with the skills needed to excel in this field, including research methods, data analysis, writing techniques, and communication strategies. The course can be taken at a distance or online, depending on an individual's learning needs. It covers topics such as media law and ethics, reporting techniques, media production practices, multimedia storytelling techniques and current trends in journalism. Through this course students gain a comprehensive understanding of how journalism works today as well as its history.
Key Highlights about Distance and Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
MA in Journalism and Mass Communication is a two-year postgraduate degree course that equips students with the necessary skills to pursue a career in media and journalism. The Distance and Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication offers students the flexibility to study from anywhere around the world without having to relocate.
In this section, we will look at some of the key highlights about Distance and Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication:
• Readily available online resources
• Wide range of specialisations including broadcast journalism, print journalism, online media, public relations etc.
• Access to advanced digital tools for content creation
• Comprehensive learning experience with industry experts as mentors and guides
• Opportunity to collaborate with professionals from different fields of media and journalism through interactive learning modules
Objectives of a Distance and Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
Distance and Online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication are designed to equip students with the skills necessary to pursue a variety of careers in the field. The objectives of these courses include:
• Developing an understanding of the principles, practices, and processes involved in journalism and mass media
• Acquiring knowledge about theories, research methods, writing styles, and reporting techniques used in journalism
• Enhancing students’ critical thinking skills to help them evaluate news stories
• Providing hands-on training with professional-grade equipment
• Helping students develop their communication and presentation skills
• Teaching students how to use digital tools such as web publishing platforms
• Preparing students for careers as reporters, editors, producers, or content creators.
Vidya Planet in Pursuing a distance and online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
Attention students! Are you looking to pursue a distance and online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication? Let Vidya Planet's expert education counselling help you make the right decision for your future. We provide step-by-step guidance on which course is best for you, as well as which university to choose from. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get the career of your dreams with Vidya Planet!
MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
Level of Course
Entrance and Merit Based
INR 7k to 8.5k Per Semester
Bachelor degree examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate (for entrance based)
INR 5 LPA to 8 LPA
Eligibility for a distance and online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
Eligibility criteria for a distance and online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication may vary depending on the university or institution offering the program. However, some general eligibility requirements may include:
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline.
- Minimum percentage or CGPA required for admission may vary from university to university.
- Good command of the English language.
- Some universities may require work experience or a portfolio of published work.
- Some universities may require applicants to clear an entrance exam, while others may admit students based on their academic performance and other criteria.
It is recommended that you check the specific eligibility requirements for the program you are interested in pursuing, as they may differ from institution to institution. You can usually find this information on the institution's website or by contacting the admissions office.
Top hiring companies after Distance and Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
- All India Radio
- Hindustan Times
- Zee Network
- Times Group
- India Today Group,etc.
Career Scopes of Distance and Online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication
A distance and online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication can prepare students for a variety of career opportunities in the field of media and communication. Some of the career scopes after completing this course can include:
- Writer - Graduates can work as content writers, copywriters, or script writers for newspapers, magazines, websites, or TV shows.
- Public Relations Officer - Graduates can work in the public relations departments of various organisations, managing their image and communication with the media and public.
- Radio Jockey - Graduates can work as radio presenters or DJs, creating and hosting programs for listeners.
- Sound Technician - Graduates can work as sound engineers, managing sound production and quality for radio, TV, or film.
- Filmmaker - Graduates can work in the film industry as directors, producers, or scriptwriters, creating and producing films.
Other potential career opportunities after completing a distance and online MA Course in Journalism and Mass Communication include television anchor, video journalist, media planner, advertising executive, social media manager, and more. The knowledge and skills gained during the course can also prepare graduates to pursue careers in related fields such as marketing, public relations, and communications.
Graduates of a distance and online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication can expect to earn a competitive salary in the industry.The average salary for a journalist in India is around INR 3.5 LPA, while a senior journalist can earn an average of INR 7.5 LPA. Similarly, the average salary for a public relations (PR) manager is around INR 6 LPA, while a senior PR manager can earn an average of INR 12 LPA.
However, it is important to note that salaries can vary greatly based on the specific job role and industry. Additionally, factors such as the reputation of the institution where the degree was earned, the quality of work experience, and networking and job search strategies can all impact an individual's earning potential.
Conclusion on a Distance and online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication
A distance and online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication can be a great option for students who are unable to attend classes in person or who prefer to study at their own pace. This mode of learning offers flexibility and convenience, allowing students to balance their studies with other commitments.
Overall, a distance and online MA course in Journalism and Mass Communication can be a valuable opportunity for students who are passionate about this field and want to advance their knowledge and skills without the constraints of traditional in-person classes. However, it is important to carefully research and choose a reputable institution that offers a high-quality program that meets your academic and professional goals.